The “Velchova Zavera” monument in the city of Veliko Tarnovo is located on the square of the same name. It was built in the place where the house of Velcho Atanasov – Dzhamdzhiyat was located. It was solemnly opened, together with the “Mother Bulgaria” monument, on May 6, 1935.
In the place where Velchova Zavera Square is today, in the 19-th century the third business center of Tarnovo – Bajdarlaka – was formed. There was a fish market, inns and shops selling ready-made handicrafts. In the center of Bajdarlak, in 1835, the head of the Velchova rebellion, the craftsman and merchant from Turnovo, Velcho Atanasov Jamdzhiyat, was hanged. The Velcho rebellion was an attempted uprising of the Bulgarians in Tarnovsko and Silistra in 1835.