The “Shishman Bath” is among the most authentic monuments of the culture of the Second Bulgarian Kingdom. It is located at the northern foot of the Tsarevets fortress, between the Assumption and St. St. Apostles Peter and Paul”, on the left bank of the Yantra River, immediately next to Vladish bridge. It is one of the few well-preserved medieval baths in Bulgaria. It was called “Shishman’s bath”, because before the archaeological excavations it was assumed that it was built during the time of the last king of Tarn, Ivan Shishman – around or after 1371.